OLD EAST STONEHOUSE
Webpage created: February 13, 2018
Webpage updated: February 13, 2018
|OLD EAST STONEHOUSE.UK|
BATTERY HILL TEMPORARY CHOLERA HOSPITAL
During the cholera visitation of 1849 a temporary hospital was erected on Battery Hill, East Stonehouse.
Measuring 90 feet in length by 35 feet in width, it was to accommodate only six beds for males and the same for females.
It was expected to be ready for use by Saturday August 18th 1849.