OLD EAST STONEHOUSE
Webpage created: February 13, 2018
Webpage updated: February 13, 2018
|OLD EAST STONEHOUSE.UK|
EBENEZER BAPTIST CHAPEL
The Ebenezer Baptist Chapel was situated between numbers 16 and 17 Union Street, East Stonehouse, Plymouth.
Its foundation date is not yet known but it certainly existed in 1890.
In 1905 the Ebenezer Chapel was purchased by Mr Henry Hurrell. He used it in conjunction with the former Siloam Congregational Chapel in Union Place, East Stonehouse, as an adult school.
Following the destruction of the Ebenezer Chapel during the Second World War, the activities were transferred to the Siloam Chapel, where in 1944 they were being carried on under the title of the Ebenezer-with-Emmanuel Baptist Church Hall.