OLD EAST STONEHOUSE . UK
www.oldeaststonehouse.uk
 

  Brian Moseley, Plymouth
Webpage created: February 11, 2018
Webpage updated: March 31, 2018

 

 

-

EMMA PLACE CONGREGATIONAL CHAPEL

Emma Place Congregational Chapel was in Emma Place, East Stonehouse.  The building is still in existence but no longer as a Chapel.

It was founded in 1787 as an off-shoot of Batter Street Congregational Chapel in Plymouth.

It had a Sunday School which was at the rear of the premises, in Caroline Place.  It is still in existence.

The area around the Chapel was virtually obliterated during the Second World War, with a resultant loss of worshippers.  When it was closed, the organ was removed to the new Honicknowle Congregational Chapel.